Dienstag, 7. Februar 2012

TWD point one: White Loaves

So this is it, the first recipe of Tuesdays with Dorie and my first post in English. Challenge accepted! I started with the dough this morning at 9 am CET but my little son kept my busy until now - I put him to bed 10 minutes ago... - so this is when I finally get some rest and find the time to post. 
As I said, 9 am was when I started the dough, 11 am when I  fnished kneading, what was kind of harsh, I never made bread whit that much flour and that little water - quite some effort to work through it!


So this is it before the rise. My dough had 3 rises, because after the first, I didn´t have the time to shape i, let it rise again and bake it, so i knead it, put it back in the bowl and let it rise...


...and let it rise. It´s been 8:30 pm until I got back to it, shaped it and put it to it´s third final rise! But before that, I remembered that incredible "devils bread" we once had. They put hot red pesto in the bread which was very yummy! So I decided to make one big loave and a small one, the small one filled with pesto. You can either make your own - can also be a green basil pesto, or any kind you like - or one you bought, just add some chili then to make it more divine!



I must admit, that the unintentional 2nd rise was too much, because after that, the actual 2nd - my 3rd - rise, didn´t go so well! The bread is fantastic after all, but I imagine, that it would be just a little lighter otherwise.


Well, it´s 11:18 CET, I just had my first TWD - Baking with Julia white loave almost-midnight nutella sandwich snack and say good night, thank you and see you in two weeks!


Wow, I almost forgot to link the host, so you can find the recipe and name the book and page, so - even better - you can buy and bake more funtastic bread and more! Laurie´s loaves can be found here and Jules here. The book all the recipes are based on is Baking with Julia by Dorie Greenspan. And the history behind this wonderful event is to be found here. Have fun.

Lilly

6 Kommentare:

  1. Looks yummy! Wish I would have added some goodies to my bread too. I'm in Arizona and I didn't use all the flour that the recipe called for...It was a lot of flour!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Delicious looking swirls! Great job with your English as well!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. YUM! Your stuffed bread looks delicious.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Congrats on your first recipe and English post! Your bread looks awesome, and I love the idea of putting pesto in it (I have some sitting in my fridge that might go into a loaf).

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I can only recommend to eat the stuffed one with creamcheese and fresh tomatos, my husband and I almost ate the whole bread in one session...

      Löschen
  5. The pesto loaf must have been wonderful!
    Nice to have someone from Switzerland in the group.

    AntwortenLöschen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...